Great News: your CV packs a punch and it has won you a job interview. Now it’s time to focus on broadcasting your positive energy. To quote a line in a famous song:
“You’ve got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don’t mess with Mister In-Between.”
Here are a few dos and don’ts….
- Make eye contact and smile!
- If your interview is being held by more than one interviewer, always look at the person who is questioning you and then glance at the others once you have finished your answer.
- Dress to impress. It is always better to over-dress than to under-dress.
- Make any negative comments about any previous employers.
- Adopt a disinterested posture such as crossing your arms, fidgeting or leaning forward anxiously.
- Say the first thing that comes into your head. Apply the following filters: a) am I answering the question directly, b) does my answer show positivity and enthusiasm?
“I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” — Estee Lauder