- Industry: Administration, Aviation
- Address: Burgess Hill
- Salary: £17500 - £19500
- Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Administrator – aircraft invoicing
Nr Burgess Hill – driver with own transport required
Full Time, Mon-Fri, 9-5.30
£17500 – £19500
Hunters’ client is one of Sussex’s superb success stories, offering a career opportunity with the opportunity to progress up the career ladder with a leading global company. Responsible for compliance with all export and import regulations and policies including licensing, training, various associated projects and support functions. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to assist with the new Customs changes and become a specialist in import clearance and customs controls. The role requires a lot of data entry and administration but also involves research, investigation and problem solving. With a minimum of 1 year’s administration experience gained within an office environment and Logistics industry, ideal candidates must be enthusiastic and self-motivated plus enjoy administration and investigating queries through to resolution. Knowledge of export and import procedures and controls preferred. Strong organisation, time management and administration ability, excellent communication skills, attention to detail and competent, fast computer skills are essential.
Responsibilities include: –
- Assist with freight invoice evaluation and approval and process all freight invoices
- Assist with identifying and resolving invoice discrepancies
- Assist with identifying and recharging all relevant costs as appropriate
- Liaise with all freight agents and issue relevant instructions as required
- Review import notifications, identify tariffs codes and the most appropriate customs procedure code for the most efficient method of import
- Understand and assist with providing advice on export control requirements and worldwide compliance
- Support the technical team with identifying and providing relevant documentation for new and revised licence applications
- Update IT systems with all relevant data
- Work to targets and objectives to achieve departmental KPI’s and performance
Ideally a minimum of 1 year’s administration experience gained within an office environment.
Preferable work experience within the shipping industry.
Knowledge of Export and Import procedures and controls preferable.
Good computer literacy, highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Problem solving ability.
Numerate, accurate with the ability to meet deadlines.
Analytical thinking and reporting skills.
Ability to recognise and respond to problems.
Self-motivated, able to use own initiative and succeed in a busy environment.
Good communication skills at all levels, verbal and written.
Strong organisation, time management and administration skills.
Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage workloads.
Performance driven with the desire to succeed.