- Industry: Admin
- Address: Portslade
- Salary: £19,000-20,000pa
- Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Bookings and Transport Administrator
£19,000-20,000pa plus benefits including a bonus.
Monday to Friday, 8.30- 5pm
Hunters’ client is a leading supplier to retail with a busy and vibrant warehouse/operations department. A transport administrator is required to ensure administration within warehouse / operations is managed according to company procedures and prescribed timelines in order to maintain an efficient warehouse operation. The role will involve managing the flow of stock into and out of the Production process, to create BOMs and process the Works Orders as defined by the Supply Chain team to meet despatch deadlines. Also be involved for transport booking and any other Administrative duties within the warehouse.
- Contact wholesale buyers for possible job lot sales & arrange delivery & logistic chain or job lot orders
- Arrange booking details with customers, liaise with couriers regarding shipping requirements and booking details
- Foreign shipments
- Book in containers, build new products, move stock to correct locations
- Ensure foreign shipment details are communicated to relevant departments and staff. Monitor and manage the issue of Independent and Export orders including collation & forwarding of documents to shippers and ensuring deadlines are met as agreed with the Customer Service and Export teams
- Arrange despatch of consignments using the Fed Ex portal / UPS for Europe & worldwide
- Deal with enquiries involving couriers (shortfalls, pickup, redelivery etc)
- Booking deliveries for UK & European pallet orders and completing admin
- Maintain account for all blue pallet movements in and out
- Support the administration of the Company Stock Take
- Read all warehouse risk assessments and follow safety measures accordingly and reporting any health and safety concerns.
- Reporting any health and safety concerns to Warehouse Manager / H & S Advisor
- Manage filing of sales orders
- Update / amend production schedule as required with past / future jobs
- Manage returns – dispose of stock and write returns notes
- Take in deliveries of samples and distribute accordingly
- Monitor and manage the inbound stock to ensure that products are available on time to allow remedial works in time for despatch
- Review and issue Works Orders, auditing label printing and that the physical instructions are followed up to the point of load build and despatch
- Responsibility for the management of both inbound and outbound samples
If you have a similar skill set and are highly organised and can work in a busy and pressurised environment we would like to hear from you.