- Industry: Chef
- Address: Dorking
- Salary: £18,700
- Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Hunters’ client is a well-appointed medical centre requiring a talented chef to join their team.
The salary is approx £18,700 and hours are favourable at 10-6pm over a 5 day week.
This is a really important role in terms of maintaining and building on the excellent reputation of the centre’s catering department have for their consistent quality of food and their high standards of cleanliness
REPORTING TO: Catering Supervisor
OVERAL OBJECTIVES: Maintain food and beverage preparation and service to wards, restaurant and special functions, to a high level of quality and quantity within a set budget.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To directly supervise any junior catering staff in alliance with the 1st Chef and the Catering Supervisor and cover period of absence.
- To serve food to patients and staff as directed.
- Ordering and purchasing of stocks as requested by the 1st Chef and Catering Supervisor in line with the department’s budget and approved stock from preferred suppliers list.
- To contribute ideas and suggestions for menu planning and cost efficiency to promote service development.
- To contribute ideas and special dietary requests are adhered to as directed by the Catering Supervisor.
- Maintain a high level of hygiene in food storage, kitchen and wash-up areas.
- Maintain a good food storage procedures and stock rotation and control.
- Set a professional example in work methods, procedures, personal presentation, interactions with staff and patients, time keeping and hygiene.
- Maintain flexible working hours at all times.
- To monitor the food service throughout the facility, ensure a constant high quality of service and food.
- To maintain health and safety at work practices at all times.
Health and Safety
- Carry out the duties placed on employees by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974