- Industry: IT
- Address: Brighton
- Salary: 75000
- Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Head of IT / Delivery
£75,000 plus bonus
Monday to Friday, Full Time flexible working hours.
Hunters’ dynamic and growth mode client are looking to appoint a Head of IT. The successful candidate will be a people person with a strong technical ability, and with the capability to progress to executive level CIO and proven experience of reporting to board level setting out strategic direction of Systems infrastructure as well as being quite hands on. You will be a technical expert who can facilitate systems transformation and change plans, analysing the business processes and to recommend systems solutions and strategy to facilitate growth and expansion strategy globally.
Core skills and the ability to analyse the current IT landscape, whilst providing suggestions for future improvements are a key requirement for this role and initially our client is looking for someone to objectively assess systems requirements and scope out a systems strategy in line with the growth plans. This is a standalone role working in an environment where you will be the technical expert and will be relied upon to provide the business with recommendations and solutions. Therefore, you need to have strong management and influencing skills, be articulate and demonstrate credibility across the board.
Our client requires someone who has technical expertise in ERP upgrades and a track record providing businesses with support and recommendations on their current IT landscape. Further to this the desired candidate will be able to make viable recommendations to the business to support their future growth. Third party management are another requirement for this role to support our first line escalations.
- Qualified in an IT/architecture discipline
- Solid solution design, IT and architecture experience;
- Experience of performing a similar project based role in other organisations;
- Exposure to ERP implementations/upgrades would be a distinct advantage
- Exposure to in-house bespoke programming would be an advantage
- Experience in a fast growing Global Supply Chain Company would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the systems development process specifically the full testing process
- IT architecture, design and technical skills;
- Strong industry and business understanding;
- Vendor selection and management skills;
- Technical planning and costing;
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Assimilates, evaluates, adapts and makes best use of new information;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations;
- Strong analysis and decision-making skills;
- Personal effectiveness, confidence and resilience, with an ability to influence colleagues at peer level as well as more senior levels;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills;
- Experience of operating with a high level of autonomy and the ability to manage input from others to ensure delivery to agreed timescales;
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion;
- Ability to work as part of an effective and highly skilled team;
- Ability to lead and mentor others in a constructive and collaborative manner and to provide positive, motivational and developmental feedback to others; and
- Fortitude and tenacity to operate successfully in a creative and fast paced environment.