- Industry: Admin, Purchasing
- Address: Near Hassocks
- Salary: £16,000 -£18,000
- Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Hassocks, West Sussex
£16000 – £18000
37.5-hour week, Mon-Fri between 07:00 – 19:00, flexibility on work hours’ essential
Hunters’ client is an extraordinarily successful, large global aircraft components company in sustained growth mode. There is tremendous opportunity to grow in a career, with yearly pay reviews, bonuses, and opportunities for promotion. The Purchasing Administrator will assist the Purchasing department with the review and purchase of inventory to meet business requirements. The administrator will liaise with suppliers and deliver a high-quality service level, ensuring on time deliveries and develop customer relationships.
- Previous experience working in an administrative role within an office environment desirable.
- Knowledge of aircraft components advantageous but not essential.
- Professional, confident and courteous phone manner.
- Excellent communicator at all levels, good at building relationships.
- Capability to use initiative, aptitude to recognise and respond to problems.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Numerate, accurate with the ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- Ability to use Excel, Word and Outlook, previous experience with Quantum favourable.
- Performance driven with the desire to succeed.
- Flexible and adaptable to work in a busy environment.
- Language skills desirable.
- Assist in sourcing inventory to quality and industry approved standards.
- Obtain vendor quotes and input data onto system database.
- Assist in negotiations with Suppliers to obtain best price, terms and warranty.
- Issue purchase orders.
- Expedite open orders to achieve delivery requirements.
- Develop customer relationships.
- Attend supplier meetings including occasional travel to supplier sites.
- Support with obtaining warranty return approvals from suppliers.
- Produce data reports, help to monitor departmental KPI’s.
- Assist Purchasing Team Leader to undertake other duties /projects as required.