- Address: Shoreham
- Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
- Job Type: Full Time Permanent
QA Electronics Technologist
£18000 – £20000, Salary commensurate with experience and suitability.
Monday to Friday, FT, 9-5.30
Hunters’ client is a medium-sized growth mode and creative manufacturer. Our client has an exciting new vacancy for a Junior Technologist who specialise in electronics. This is an administrative role requires someone with electrical experience looking for an exciting new challenge in an extremely fast growing, dynamic and fun company. There will be lots of room for growth and development for the right candidate.
We are looking for the following;
- Someone who can act as an electronics specialist within our QA department – becoming the ‘go to’ person for all electronic queries on small electrical appliances.
- Someone who can work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills, and can work well with our customers, overseas manufacturers and within the office environment.
- Someone who is well organised and flexible, with a logical and analytical mind, excellent administration skills and a mature attitude.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Someone who works well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
Duties of the job will include the following;
- Management of testing and critical path on customer accounts.
- Requesting, checking and filing test reports from manufacturers.
- Day to day maintenance of the technical files and updating the testing tracker.
- Risk assessing safety of product to retailer’s requirements, with focus on small electronic appliances.
- Liaising with nominated test house to arrange required testing in line with EU legislation and customer requirements.
- Advise on cost reduction/cross referencing where possible, with particular focus on small electronic appliances.
- Advising on correct warnings and symbols for product packaging, instruction manuals and rating labels, with particular focus on small electronic appliances.
- Ensure customer / supplier complaints and enquiries are effectively handled.
- Work proactively with the suppliers and product development departments to reduce returns rates, with particular focus on small electronic appliances.
- Basic process writing.
- Build effective inter-departmental, supplier and customer relationships.
- Work to and comply with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy at all times.
- Observe Company disciplinary rules, Hygiene and Security procedures
- Assist with the training of QA admin Assistants and rest of the team, with particular focus on small electronic appliances.
- Further self-training through webinars, research and attending courses and presenting learnings to QA Team.
- Deputising for senior members of the team in their absence.