- Industry: Warehouse
- Address: Brighton
- Salary: up to £25,000
- Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.30
Hunters’ client a successful manufacturing business enjoying a sustained period of growth. The Warehouse Supervisor will oversee a team of four and support the Operations and Logistics Manager with the operation efficiency of the warehouse to meet the business requirements. This includes ensuring the warehouse is run in a safe and well maintained manner and adhering to company procedures. This role would be good for a warehouse supervisor looking to take on the next role in Management.
- Review daily load schedule with Operations and Distribution Manager and plan work daily priorities accordingly
- Communicate and delegate work to DC team as appropriate for daily operation.
- Review and confirm personnel resource availability to meet daily work requirements.
- Supervise and manage all despatch orders to customer specification and deadlines.
- Supervise and manage all stock receipts and physical storage.
- Dealing with the import and export side of shipments to over 50 countries worldwide
- Management of the Yard activity include driver management and maintenance (cleanliness) of the yard.
- Assist with the management of Annual stock take and perpetual stock counts.
- Management the process of returns & damaged goods in accordance with company procedures
Health & Safety
- Ensure all H&S Policies and procedures are adhered to and promote a safe working environment.
- Manage, operate and develop risk assessments with the DC Management team to maintain a robust safety management warehouse system
- Suggest and implement safety improvements to develop a safety culture in the DC team,
- Maintain daily agreed housekeeping standards including keeping warehouse (including all outside areas), gangways, fire exits and work areas clear, clean and safe.
- Reporting any health and safety concerns to Warehouse & Distribution Manager / H & S Advisor, filling out all documentation to reflect that (Near miss / Accident Forms)
- Take reasonable care of own H&S and that of others, complying with the H&S policy of the company at all times.
- Daily management and supervise production of correct consumables to meet customer delivery specification.
- Supervise daily despatch of orders using courier portals
Supervise and manage consumables stock levels and re-order where necessary